UPDATED 31 May 2020
Dear beloved members of St Mary & St Merkorious church,
From Monday 1st June onwards, we are glad to announce that all liturgy capacity will be increased to 50 congregants.
What does the increased liturgy capacity mean for me?
- HisVine has now been changed to reflect a 50 congregant capacity per liturgy, so there will be more availability for you to participate in the Holy Liturgies.
- You must still book on HisVine on this link to attend a liturgy.
- The booking system has not changed and you are still required to book one liturgy at a time. Once you have attended a liturgy you can then book for next available liturgy.
Updated Saturday liturgy schedule
There has been some change to Saturday liturgies, they are below:
- Instead of two liturgies from 6:00 – 8:30am, there is now one combined liturgy prayed in both Arabic and English, in the upstairs church.
- In the last 2 weeks, the 8:30 – 10:30am liturgy, in both the upstairs and downstairs churches has been prayed in both languages (Arabic and English). Going forward this will change so that the liturgy will be prayed in Arabic only (in the upstairs church) and English only (in the downstairs church).
Updated Saturday Liturgies
6:00 – 8:30 am English/Arabic liturgy
8:30 – 10.30 am Arabic liturgy
8:30 – 10.30 am English liturgy
All other liturgy times remain the same, visit here if you would like to access the holy liturgy timetable for the week
Sunday School Hall live streaming liturgy
- It also remains the same on weekends, the Sunday School Church Halls will accommodate more parishioners with live screens streaming the liturgies.
- At the liturgies conclusion, they will partake of communion, whilst maintaining social distancing. This will take place from 8:30 – 10:30 am on both Saturday and Sunday.
- The Sunday School Lower Hall can currently accommodate 10 congregants due to renovations taking place. Once we are able to accommodate more the capacity will be updated in HisVine, so keep an eye out for this, if it is a preferred option for you.
- The Sunday School Upper Hall can accommodate 30 congregants, whilst following the rules of remaining socially distant.
Kneeling prayer of Pentecost (Sagda prayers)
- Sagda prayers will be taking place this Sunday 7th June in Arabic (upstairs church) and English (Downstairs church) from 11:30am till 2:30pm.
- In HisVine you are able to book a liturgy and the Sagda at the same time.
- If you are attending either the Arabic or English 8:30 – 10:30am liturgy this Sunday, 7th June you are not automatically booked for the Sagda. If you would like to attend please also book for the Sagda service as well.
- If you have booked for a liturgy on a day and time other than Sunday 7th June, 8:30 – 10:30am and would like to attend the Sagda only, please feel free to book and if you have confirmed attendance in HisVine, you can arrive when the service starts at 11:30am.
Congregants will keep the social distance and the legal instructions of 50 parishioners at a time inside the church.
To book your liturgy spot visit https://www.hisvine.com/church/6/liturgies/viewRegistrations
We pray that God bless every service for the Glory of His Holy Name. Amen
List of daily Liturgies that you can attend physically and must register for online prior to attending:
- Sunday English/Arabic Liturgy – Upstairs church 6:00am to 8:30am
- Sunday English/Arabic Liturgy – Downstairs church 6:15am to 8:30am
- Sunday Arabic Liturgy – Upstairs church 8:30am to 10:30am
- Sunday English Liturgy – Downstairs church 8:30am to 10:30am
- Sunday Live-streamed Arabic Liturgy – Sunday School Lower Hall 8:30am to 10:30am
- Sunday Live-streamed English Liturgy – Sunday School Upper Hall 8:30am to 10:30am
- Monday English Liturgy 8:00am to 10:30am
- Tuesday Arabic Liturgy 8:00am to 10:30am
- Wednesday Arabic Liturgy 8:00am to 10:30am
- Thursday English/Arabic Liturgy 5:00am to 7:00am
- Friday English Liturgy 6:30am to 9:00am
- Saturday English/Arabic Liturgy – Upstairs church 6:00am to 8:30am
- Saturday Arabic Liturgy – Upstairs church 8:30am to 10:30am
- Saturday English Liturgy – Downstairs church 8:30am to 10:30am
- Saturday Live-streamed Arabic Liturgy – Sunday School Lower Hall 8:30am to 10:30am
- Saturday Live-streamed English Liturgy – Sunday School Upper Hall 8:30am to 10:30am